NEW YORK | Musician and composer David Yazbek takes the stage with his band at 92YTribeca in a new series, presented the first Monday of each month. Yazbek promises musical stylings and new songs debuted at every show, and he will invites guests from the worlds of theater, music, comedy and beyond. For his first show on Monday, December 5, Yazbek invites Tony award-winning lyricist and composer, longtime friend and former bandmate Adam Guettel (The Light in the Piazza) as well as his buddy comedian, film-director and web phenomenon David Wain (Wet Hot American Summer, Role Models.)
This new monthly series at 92YTribeca, called “First Mondays with David Yazbek And His Warmest Regards,” starts Monday, December 5 at 8 pm. 92YTribeca is located at 200 Hudson Street. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 on the day of the show. Click here to purchase tickets online.
David Yazbek is a cult favorite—a recording artist, vocalist and pianist known for his surprising career. He is a three-time Tony Award nominee. His shows The Full Monty and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels have played in over 20 countries, and his latest, Women On The Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, is set to open in London next year. With his band, he has released 5 albums, the latest being Evil Monkey Man. He is also a Grammy-nominated record producer and an Emmy Award-winning TV writer (for Late Night with David Letterman).
92YTribeca is 92nd Street Y’s downtown arts and culture venue in New York City. Opened in October 2008, 92YTribeca presents music, comedy, film, theater, talks, classes, family events, and Jewish community and holiday programs in a versatile, street-level, modern space at 200 Hudson Street. In addition to the mainstage and screening room, the venue houses an art gallery, lounge, bar, café, seminar and meeting rooms, and free Wi-Fi around the space.
With programs developed by a professional curatorial team in partnership with staff, local artists and arts organizations, new-media companies, fellow presenters, and community and cause-based organizations, 92YTribeca aims to engage a diverse community of young people from around the New York area with smart, relevant programming that encourages participation and conversation. For more information, visit www.92YTribeca.org.
- StyleCaster Launches First Independent Publisher Resource, “The Masthead” (prnewswire.com)
- B.Y.O.K. Concert Series at 92YTribeca (bxcheapskate.com)
- Samsung, NYTVF Reveal Finalists of Second Screen Storytellers Contest (virtual-strategy.com)
- DIIV revealed as secret guest at another CMJ show (updated dates & Life or Death showcase set times) (brooklynvegan.com)
- win tickets to ‘480 Pixels’ opening night party with Screaming Females, Heliotropes and Hunters at 92YTribeca (brooklynvegan.com)
- NYC Weekend October 12-14, 2012 *22* Activities To Choose From Including Doggy Country Fair, Championship Boxing, Cider Week, Picasso Black and White, Food Film Festival, Rock Center Ice Skating, Tour de Bronx, Hansel & Gretel, Music Around Town, Street (socialeyesnyc.com)