THAILAND | Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) has announced a photo contest of inspiring images of Thailand. Those interested in photography (professionals and amateurs) are invited to enter photos with the theme: “Inspiring Thailand.”
This contest is an effort by TCEB to drum up business for that country. The submitted photos will be included in various PR materials when promoting Thailand.
Director Sarita Chintakanond of Information Technology Department, TCEB said, “From our research, we found that photos are the most influential medium for professionals in choosing a business events destination. We are seeking the most inspiring photo that would make meeting and event planners want to come and hold their next business event in Thailand.”
Three first-place winners will be chosen in each category (Culture, Attraction, and Lifestyle), each with a cash prize of 15,000 THB each plus a hotel voucher valued at 15,000 THB. Awards are limited to one prize per entrant.
A panel comprised of 70 percent TCEB representatives will judge the images on a range of factors; 30 percent will be based on the voting that each participant achieves.
The submission period runs from September 14 to October 31,2013. The deadline for entries is 23.00 Thailand time on October 31.
Contest participants may submit as many photos as they like, provided they pertain to the theme; they must be original works captured with a digital still camera. Scans of old photos that were taken by film cameras are not accepted.
- Travel News | Global photo contest seeks “Inspiring Thailand” images (thejournalist.ie)
- “Inspiring Thailand” Photo Contest Organized by TCEB (prweb.com)
- TCEB Joins Hand with QSNCC to Open Bike Parking Facility to Support Sustainable MICE Industry (prnewswire.com)
- Thailand connects the dots (ttrweekly.com)
- TCEB signs MoU in Manila (ttrweekly.com)
- Art?: ‘Thailand’s Got Talent’ Apologizes After Contestant Douses Herself in Paint and Grinds Topless on Canvas (theblaze.com)