SINGAPORE | ASEMUS (Asia-Europe Museum Network) is a cross-cultural network of museums with Asian collections which promotes mutual understanding through collaborative activities and works towards facilitating the sharing and use of museum collections. One of the key challenges facing museums in Asia and Europe today is education.
The ASEMUS Exchange of Museum Educators Grant Program enhances professional development of museum educators in Asia and Europe and strengthens connections and cultural understanding between the two regions.
ASEMUS offers grants for the exchange of museum educators between Asian and European museums. Applications will be subjected to an international peer review panel which will select the participants.
- Museum educators can apply for a 2-week exchange and work on projects that are mutually beneficial, address critical issues and themes.
- A total of eight awards will be available for 2014 and 2015 in amounts between Euro 4000-5000.
- The total value of the grant for each partnership is to be shared between partner-museums and is intended to assist with mobility funding (e.g. international airfare, domestic transportation, taxi to/from airport, travel insurance, visa), accommodation and living expenses as well as educational exchange programme related-materials.
Note: Participating museums wishing to add to the funding available from their own resources and to extend the program to additional participants are perfectly welcome to do so. The core obligation only is that an effective exchange of the appropriate minimum duration should take place with the required outcomes reported in full.
There are some eligibility requirements. They are:
- Should be a museum educator with at least 3 years of work experience in a museum that is an official member of the ASEMUS network.
- Hold ASEM nationality and ASEM passport. Details at www.aseminfoboard.org
- Plan for the exchange to take place in a museum that is officially a member of the ASEMUS network (within ASEM countries).
– See more here.
Deadline for submission for 2014 grants: 1 December 2013. Results will be out in January 2014 and the exchange should happen within 2014.
Deadline for submission for 2015 grants: 1 June 2014. Results will be out in October 2014 and the exchange should happen within 2015.
- Art Museum Education YouTube Channel (md12c.wordpress.com)
- Antiquity and Machine; Centrale Montemartini Museum (mariatouloupou.wordpress.com)
- Salman Khurshid likely to raise border issue with Sartaj Aziz (dnaindia.com)
- Timothy Mitchell (Orientalism and the Exhibitionary Order), Dipesh Chakrabarty (Museums in Late Democracies) The Visual Culture Reader (yuheepehlumaibethayraho.wordpress.com)