24 RECIPIENTS FOR THE 2010 PRESIDENTIAL AWARDS FOR FILIPINO INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS OVERSEAS
MANILA, PHILIPPINES:Â Â Randy Gener will be conferred with theÂ “PamanaÂ Ng Pilipino” Presidential Award (“PamanaÂ Ng Pilipino” means Legacy of the Filipino Nation) by the President of the Philippines in a simple ceremony to be held in December.
The PamanaÂ Ng Pilipino Presidential AwardÂ is conferred on Filipinos overseas, who, in exemplifying the talent and industry of the Filipino, have brought the country honor and recognition through excellence, dedication and distinction in the pursuit of their workÂ and the advancement of their profession. They have displayed social consciousness in terms of manifesting strong community spirit, or leading and actively participating in projects and activities for the common good.
Gener joins seven Filipino organizations, one foreign group, three foreigners and 13 Filipinos who are the recipients of theÂ 2010Â PresidentialÂ Awards for Filipino Individuals and Organizations Overseas. The recipients came from United States, Hong Kong, South Korea, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Australia, Germany and Canada.
The Awards is a biennial awards system which was institutionalized throughÂ Executive Order 498 signed by former PresidentÂ Corazon C. Aquino in 1991. The Awards recognizes the achievements and significant contributions of Filipino individuals and organizations overseas to communities here and abroad. It is also a part of the activities in celebration of the Month of Overseas Filipinos and International Migrants Day this December.
From 2003 to 2008, there were 314 individuals and organizations from 42 countries and territories who were conferred the award.
This year, theÂ Commission on Filipinos Overseas, being the Awards Secretariat, has received 110 nominations from 23 countries. The nominees underwent screening of three different committees with representatives from government agencies, media, academe, religious and business sectors.
TheÂ Commission on Filipinos Overseas is an agency under the Office of the President which was established on 16 June 2023 throughÂ BatasÂ Pambansa (Republic Act) 79 to strengthen ties with Filipinos overseas and promote their interests in the Philippines and abroad.
The awardees will be honored by His ExcellencyÂ President Benigno S. Aquino III at the Malacanang Palace on 14 December 2010.
List of Awardees:
LingkodÂ ng KapwaÂ Pilipino Award (Service to the Filipino People)
1. Alarcon, Teresita R. â€“ United States of America
2. Martinez, Ruth C. - Australia
3. North Central Virginia Association of Philippine Physicians (NCVAPP) â€“ United States of America
4. Philippine American Association of Connecticut (PAAC) â€“ United States of America
5. Philippine German Community Oberberg e.V. - Germany
KaanibÂ ng Bayan Award (Affiliate of the Nation)
1. CaritasÂ Lebanon Migrants Center (CLMC) - Lebanon
2. Lam Bik Che, Phoebe â€“ Hong Kong
3. Lam Kai Chor, Sunny â€“ Hong Kong
4. Salpeter, Simha - Israel
Banaag Award (Early Morning Light)
1. Abagat, Dr. Emely D. â€“ South Korea
2. Computer Society of Filipinos International (COMSOFIL) â€“ Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
3. Congress of Visayan Organizations (COVO) â€“ United States of America
4. Federation of Filipino Communities in Israel (FFCI) - Israel
5. Gange, George G. â€“ United States of America
6. Kasimieh, Marilyn R. â€“ United Arab Emirates
7. KindingÂ Sindaw â€“ United States of America
8. Olalia, Sr. Lucia C. â€“ South Korea
9. Ybo, Evangeline V. â€“ Jordan
PamanaÂ ng Pilipino Award (Legacy of the Filipino Nation)
1. CaĂ±a, Lilac L. - Canada
2. David, Angelito D. â€“ United States of America
3. De Asis, Fred S. â€“ United States of America
4. Gener,Â RandyÂ G. â€“ United States of America
5. Navarro, Lilibeth E. â€“ United States of America
6. Totengco, Ramon Felix â€“ United States of America
For more information, please contact the CFO Awards Secretariat at (02) 561-8160, 561-8291 or 561-8321 local 600-604.