PARK CITY, UTAH | The Sundance Institute is accepting applications from emerging film producers for the Creative Producing Fellowship and Lab.
Created to help develop and support the next generation of American independent producers, the year-long program is designed to nurture emerging producers with project-specific support through labs, grants, and long-term advisor relationships.
The fellowship focuses on the “holistic producer” who identifies, options, develops, and pitches material; champions and challenges the writer/director creatively; raises financing; leads the casting/packaging process; hires and inspires crew; and navigates the sales, distribution, and marketing arenas. The program is intended to hone emerging producers’ creative instincts and improve their communication and problem-solving skills at all stages of a project.
Six producers will be selected for the one-year fellowship, with fellows invited to participate in a feature film creative producing lab, a creative producing summit, and the Sundance Film Festival (attendance at screenings, curated meetings, and networking events). Participants will receive a $5,000 living stipend and a $5,000 pre-production grant, as well as year-round mentorship from two industry advisors and support from Sundance Institute staff.
To be eligible, candidates must have produced at least one short or feature-length narrative or documentary film but no more than two narrative features (this does not include co-, associate, or executive producer credits); must have a completed, legally optioned, scripted narrative project in hand with a director attached to the project; may not be the writer or director of the submitted project; and must live in the United States (though the project may be filmed internationally).
Visit the Sundance Web site for complete program guidelines, an FAQ, and application instructions.
- Sundance Institute Announces a Week of Creative Film Producing Initiatives Culminating in the Second Annual Creative Producing Summit (binsidetv.net)
- 2013 Sundance Docs in Focus: 99% - THE OCCUPY WALL STREET COLLABORATIVE FILM (whatnottodoc.com)
- ‘Black Metal’ Short Film To Screen At 2013 Sundance Film Festival (blabbermouth.net)
- Sundance Institute Announces 10 Films and Art House Theaters for Sundance Film Festival USA on Jan. 31 (binsidetv.net)
- Sundance Institute Launches New Program to Connect Artists With Audiences (binsidetv.net)
- 2013 Sundance Docs in Focus: GOD LOVES UGANDA (whatnottodoc.com)
- Slamdance Plays Its Part in Park City: Sundance Alternative Fest Boasts Film Slate (rr.com)
- 2013 Sundance Docs in Focus: LIFE ACCORDING TO SAM (whatnottodoc.com)