CHISINAU, MOLDOVA | The Peace Corps is intent on improving the effectiveness of its service in the landlocked Eastern European country of Moldova. On Aug. 14, 2013, the Peace Corps will hold an event titled “Storytellers at ASEM” to celebrate and reflect on its 20 years of service in that region. ASEM is a Moldovan university; the letters stand for Academia de Studii Economice din Moldova.
Storytellers will allow for 20 American and Moldovan government officials, businessmen, and past & present Peace Corps volunteers to share stories about the positive and negative experiences they had in that country.
If interested in supporting their cause. please donate here: http://1.usa.gov/11VjiE0.
Storytellers will include presentations and speeches from returned Peace Corps volunteers, program managers, country directors, host country partners, host families, NGO employees, and government officials. This event will provide a deeper understanding of the relationship between Peace Corps and the Republic of Moldova over the past 20 years, and further will help establish a guide for a more effective and efficient working partnership for the future.
The community has provided content, technical support, and a venue for this event. “With the support of the working partnership between Peace Corps Volunteers and this funding, we will be able to conduct an impactful event to support the future success of the citizens and residence of Moldova,” according to the Peace Corps website. –rg
- Brief – Moldova – Socio-economics (arundotcom.wordpress.com)
- Moldova and Transdniester: new faces stir old foes (rbth.ru)
- Hello from Chisinau, Moldova (linsbowman.wordpress.com)
- Salut din Moldova! (katehewittlove.wordpress.com)
- Packing for two years as a Peace Corps volunteer! (paulamariepeacecorps.wordpress.com)
- Liz’s Complete Guide to Life in Moldova (finallyafulbright.wordpress.com)