Network of Ensemble Theaters (NET) is a national coalition of ensembles created by and for artists. NET exists to propel ensemble theater practice to the forefront of American culture and society.
NET links a diverse array of ensembles and practitioners to one another and the performing arts field, encouraging collaborations and knowledge building and dissemination. NET/TEN Travel Grants support activities to initiate new relationships or further develop existing relationships.
Activities may take place in USA or internationally. Awarded twice a year, grants range from $300 to $2,000. Travel Grants are intended to initiate and strengthen relationships, removing the barriers of distance and travel.
Funds may be used for the applicant’s travel or to bring in a guest. Applicant must be a NET member in good standing and must reside in the USA.
Eligible expenses include: travel costs, housing, per diem, artist fees, etc. Activities may include (but are not limited to) observerships, shared rehearsals, planning, training, and/or other exploration. Artistic, administrative, and technical/production-based projects are welcome.
Travel Grants do not support production costs, tours, or equipment purchase. Funds may not be used to support professional development activities, such as conferences, or for attendance at pre-existing public workshops, trainings, or similar events.
Deadline for applications: October 16.
Find all the details online.
- DEADLINES | YoungArts Foundation seeks high-school teenagers for 2014 Young Artists Prize (cultureofoneworld.org)
- Travel grants for artists: Two talking points (tcdailyplanet.net)
- Grants offered for conflict photographers (spyghana.com)
- College performing arts centers earn high marks for variety (dailyherald.com)
- Leaders seek to avoid early Calif. inmate releases (bigstory.ap.org)
- Newton Cultural Council seeks grant proposals (wickedlocal.com)