Mercane Wheels Introduces Version 2.0 Of Its Eco-Friendly 3-Wheel Electric Kickscooter
Coined the “Transboard,” alternative personal mobility system transports riders up to 25 miles on a single charge; Indiegogo campaign launches today to fund product’s final development
LOS ANGELES, March 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ It looks like a vacuum cleaner. Well, sort of. It is actually a new-fangled “kickscooter” for easy transportation.
Mercane Wheels today introduced version 2.0 of the Transboard, its advanced, eco-friendly electric “kickscooter” that combines speed, stability and safety to deliver users with a superior riding experience.
Equipped with a plethora of features to redefine user safety and comfort, the Transboard is perfect for people looking for a personal mobility alternative for commuting within the city or on dirt roads in the countryside. The Indiegogo campaign (http://igg.me/at/Transboard), which has a funding goal of $30,000 USD, features limited Early Bird specials of $499.00 USD (60% off retail) and several other rewards for early backers.
Built with an aluminum alloy frame, a polycarbonate cover and an innovative, one-gesture folding system that makes it light and easy to transport when not in use, the Transboard offers users best-in-class driving stability and performance with its 3-wheel self-balancing system, L-Double Link suspension and a 500 Watt BLDC HUB Motor. With an Electric Driving Control System and a 48V 8.6Ah battery, users will experience stable acceleration, great braking performance and the ability to ride for up to 25 miles on one full charge (takes 6 hours to fully charge)!
“The vast majority of scooters on the market today are outfitted with just two wheels in order to keep them compact and ensure versatility,” said Mark Min, CEO, Mercane Wheels. “Transboard has three wheels and a more balanced design so riders won’t have to constantly find their balance – this means a more safe, more comfortable ride for extended periods of time!”
Key Features :
- One-Gesture Folding System: easy “take-with-you” convenience when not riding the Transboard.
- Aluminum Alloy Frame: holds riders weighing up to 220 pounds.
- 3-wheel System: no complicated instructions or specialized training needed to ride Transboard.
- Double Wishbone Suspension: delivers great driving stability on dirt roads.
- Spinning L-Double Link Suspension: delivers driving power and disperses shock to driving direction.
- Electric Driving Control System: provides stable acceleration and high braking performance.
- 48V 8.6Ah Battery: provides up to 25 miles of distance in one full charge (6 hours to fully charge).
- 48V 500W BLDC HUB motor delivers more power and higher efficiency.
- Polycarbonate Cover: protects the Transboard from external shock and helps maintain its glossy, beautiful color and stylish lines.
- LED Display & Function Button: helps conveniently control power ON/OFF, cruise mode, headlight ON/OFF and horn, etc.
- LED Head & Tail Lights: helps ensure safe driving conditions during night time.
- Detachable Battery Case: allows riders to recharge wherever they go.
- Colors: Gloss Black and White.
- Max Speed: 22 MPH
- Weight: 53lbs
Founded in 2015, Mercane Wheels is an expert R&D and manufacturing company building various types of personal mobility products that move by electric power. Based in Korea and with offices in Los Angeles, CA, Mercane, since its inception, has feverously been in development of its flagship products, the E-wagon and the Transboard. With numerous patents held for both, Mercane, in late 2016, launched a Kickstarter campaign for the Transboard, which successfully raised funds to help better certain components of the product. A new campaign will be launching in the spring of 2017 for an updated version. For more information, visit https://www.mercanewheels.com/ .
FOR MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA