Christian Universities Online Publishes Ranking of 25 Most Beautiful Colleges and Universities in the Midwest 2017
DURHAM, N.C., March 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ Campus appearance should not necessarily be a primary criteria for making a decision; a pleasant environment in which to study and learn is not unimportant. Considering both natural and man-made elements of each campus, Christian Universities Online desired to present the best the Midwest has to offer when it comes to overall campus beauty.
The results? Leading Christian higher education resource, Christian Universities Online (http://www.christianuniversitiesonline.org/), has published a ranking of the 25 Most Beautiful Colleges and Universities in the Midwest for 2017.
This ranking began with schools that are members or member eligible of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). The following four categories were evaluated for each school: 1) continuity of campus; 2) architectural style; 3) signature building(s); and 4) natural setting. As previously stated, equal weight was assigned to each category to determine the final scores.
University of Northwestern-St. Paul in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, claimed the top spot on the list. Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa, and Evangel University in Springfield, Missouri, complete the top three.
Other schools making the list include (in alphabetical order):
- Bethel College-IN – Mishawaka, Indiana
- Bethel University – St. Paul, Minnesota
- Bluffton University – Bluffton, Ohio
- Calvin College – Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Cedarville University – Cedarville, Ohio
- College of the Ozarks – Point Lookout, Missouri
- Cornerstone University – Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Huntington University – Huntington, Indiana
- Indiana Wesleyan University – Marion, Indiana
- Judson University – Elgin, Illinois
- MidAmerica Nazarene University – Olathe, Kansas
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University – Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Northwest Nazarene University – Nampa, Idaho
- Northwestern College – Orange City, Iowa
- Olivet Nazarene University – Bourbonnais, Illinois
- Spring Arbor University – Spring Arbor, Michigan
- Sterling College – Sterling, Kansas
- Taylor University – Upland, Indiana
- Trinity Christian College – Palos Heights, Illinois
- Trinity International University – Deerfield, Illinois
- University of Sioux Falls – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Wheaton College – Wheaton, Illinois
The ranking can be viewed at http://www.christianuniversitiesonline.org/25-most-beautiful-colleges-and-universities-in-the-midwest-2017/.
Anna-Rebekah Orr, site editor, states that the goal of the ranking is to highlight schools that excel in their environment and visual appeal for educational offerings. The ranking is a guide to schools that provide a pleasant, appealing atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Orr says, “While campus appearance is typically not a primary criteria for determining where to attend college, an aesthetically pleasant environment in which to study and learn is not a trivial consideration. Atmosphere, environment and a student’s general surroundings have a role in the overall educational experience. Prospective students generally give consideration to campus appeal alongside a school’s academic quality, because they know that pleasant surroundings can enhance the learning environment.” Providing a ranking with a specific geographical scope allows some local and regional campuses to be showcased for their aesthetics.
Christian Universities Online (http://www.christianuniversitiesonline.org/) is an online resource for students and families researching Christian higher education. The site publishes rankings and reviews of the best Christian colleges and universities, information about Christian scholarships and financial aid, and many other resources for finding, getting into, and paying for a quality Christian education.
Michael Templeton, editor
Christian Universities Online