For more than 50 years, the power plant’s four 350-foot, candy-cane-striped stacks and four 7,500-ton boilers marked South Florida’s skyline. The power plant demolition, pictured here, is the largest in Florida’s history and the company’s third in three years.
Here is one more view, just for fun:
- Florida Power & Light to demolish Cutler Power Plant in Palmetto Bay (bizjournals.com)
- International News | Port Everglades Power Plant demolished in Florida (thejournalist.ie)
- FPL demolishes Port Everglades plant – slideshow (bizjournals.com)
- FPL Brings Down Cutler Plant Smokestacks (miami.cbslocal.com)
- FPL demolishes Port Everglades power plant (local10.com)
- FPL demolishes Port Everglades power plant (TBO.com)