The National YoungArts Foundation provides emerging artists (ages 15-18 or grades 10-12) with opportunities to work with renowned mentors, access to significant scholarships, national recognition, and other opportunities to help ensure that the nation’s most outstanding young artists are encouraged to pursue careers in the arts.
YoungArts is accepting applications for its 2014 prize cycle, with support offered in ten artistic disciplines: cinematic arts, dance, design, jazz, music, photography, theater, visual arts, voice, and writing.
To date, YoungArts has honored more than 17,000 young artists with over $6 million in monetary awards; facilitated in excess of $150 million in college scholarship opportunities; and enabled its participants to work with distinguished artists/master teachers such as Mikhail Baryshnikov, Jacques d’Amboise, Plácido Domingo, Bill T. Jones, Quincy Jones, and Martin Scorsese. In addition, YoungArts serves as the exclusive nominating agency for the U.S. Presidential Scholars in the Arts, the country’s highest honor for young artists.
Each year up to seven hundred students are selected from across the country as national winners. Winners will receive grants of up to $10,000 each and have the opportunity to attend YoungArts programs and partake in master classes with internationally renowned artists, workshops, interdisciplinary activities, performances, and exhibitions.
Application materials must be received no later than October 18, 2013. Applicants will receive notification of their status via e-mail no later than the end of November and written confirmation by the end of December.
Citizens or legal residents of the United States or U.S. territories who are between the ages of 15 and 18 on December 1, 2013, or in grades 10-12, may apply. International students who are studying in the U.S. on a student visa also are eligible to apply. YoungArts reserves the right to extend eligibility on a case-by-case basis provided the applicant’s birth date falls within ninety days before or after the designated guidelines.
Here is a video of what YoungArts aspires to do:
- The National YoungArts Foundation (rosabellprep.wordpress.com)
- Marsalis Opens New Season Of HBO MasterClass Documentary Series (forbes.com)
- ArtHouse Holds Story Circles (artofcommunity.wordpress.com)
- ArtHouse Nearing Completion (artofcommunity.wordpress.com)
- Culture+Children/ YoungPeople- Arts Connect Funding (museumnetworkwarwickshire.wordpress.com)
- Curve Young Arts Entrepreneurs Showcase (the-ripple.co.uk)
- Introducing the Waterford Young Arts Critics (WYACs)! (waterfordyoungartscritics.wordpress.com)
- Introducing the Waterford Young Arts Critics (WYACs)! (waterfordyoungartscritics.com)
- DEADLINES | Early career African-American artists invited to apply to $25,000 William H. Johnson Prize (cultureofoneworld.org)
- Young Art (briandbuckley.com)