#CannMed2017 Medical Marijuana Conference Attracts Global Industry Leaders, Physicians, Scientists, Politicians, Athletes and Media
The gathering to discuss medicine, legalization, opioids vs. cannabis, pain management, and more
April 9–11 conference will be live streamed including featured speakers, Dr. Raphael Mechoulam (The “Father of Cannabis Research”), Dr. Michael Dor, Dr. Bonni Goldstein, and Former NFL Athletes
BY RANDY GENER
This second annual “Personalized Cannabinoid Medicine Conference” will be held at The Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at The Harvard School of Medicine April 9-11, 2017.
MARIJUANA USE IN SPORTS
A featured panel discussion, Cannabis as Medicine in Professional Sports,
led by Jim McAlpine and featuring former NFL players, Ricky Williams, Eben Britton, Nate Jackson, and Lance Johnstone.
Cannabis Used in Research Does Not Reflect Legal Markets
- The afternoon session will proceed with Dr. Elizabeth Thiele addressing The Role of Cannabidiol in the Treatment of Refractory Pediatric Epilepsy.
- Dr. Orrin Devinsky will follow with a videotaped presentation on Cannabidiol (Epidiolex) in Dravet and Lennox-Gastaut Syndromes: Preliminary Clinical Trial Results.
- Dr. Douglas R. Smith will then present Toward Precision Medicine for Cannabidiol Treatment in Epilepsy, and the Impact of Rare Variation in Endocannabinoid System Genes.
- Immediately followed by Dr. Fabricio Pamplona sharing the Potential Clinical Benefits of CBD-Enriched Extracts Over Purified CBD in Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy.
Make a Film Foundation Gets In On the Cannabis Game
Is Cannabis a Solution to the Opioid Epidemic?
- Dr. Dustin Sulak will answer the question, Is Cannabis a Solution to the Opioid Epidemic?
- Dr. Jeffrey Hergenrather will round out the morning with Assertions vs. Evidence, Kindly Check Your Assertions at the Door.
- Late morning presentations will include Dr. Debra Kimless sharing Case Presentations of Cancer Patients Treated with Low Dose Cannabis Oil Alone or in Combination with Conventional Therapy.
- Dr. David Meiri will follow with insight on Matching an Effective Cannabis Strain Extract for a Specific Subtype of Cancer.
- Mara Gordon will present on the Comparison of the Anti-Tumor Efficacy of a Whole-Plant Extract vs. Pure THC in Preclinical Models of HER2-Positive Breast Cancer, followed up by Sean McAllister speaking on Cannabinoids as Antitumor Agents: Moving Toward the Clinic.
- Following the lunch break (which will include a panel discussion featuring attorneys Valerio Romano and Michael D. Cutler, with Dr. Bonni Goldstein, on How to Legally Recommend Cannabis to Your Patients), Dr. Sara Jane Ward will share her experience with Cannabinoids as Medicine: Pain and CNS Injury.
- Dr. Kent Crowley will then speak to the Impact of Standardized Cannabis Therapy in Chronic Non-cancer Pain with or without Opiate Use, followed by Dr. Jordan Tishler addressing Cannabis for Pain Management and Opioid Use Reduction.
Cannabis as Medicine in Professional Sports
How to Legally Recommend Cannabis to Your Patients
Poster presenters include:
- Mary Kathryn Dahlgren: Life is a Highway: Assessing the Residual Impact of Heavy Recreational Marijuana Use Without Acute Intoxication on Driving
- Penny Daugherty, RN, OCN: Navigating Patients through the Maze of Information and Mis-Information about Medicinal Cannabis
- Dr. Uma V. A. Dhanabalan: Cannabis: The EXIT Drug
- Dr. Michael Hufford: Vaping’s Past as Medicinal Cannabis’ Prologue: How the FDA’s Expectations of Respiratory Drug Delivery Create Parallel Challenges for the Vaping and Medicinal Cannabis Industries
- Ashley Marie Lambros: Snap, Crackle, and Pot: Exploring the Use of Marijuana Concentrates and Dabbing
- Samantha Miller: Data-Driven Product Development in Cannabis Therapeutics
- Dr. Ilya Reznik: Cannabinoids-based Medicine as a Pivotal Model for Personalized Integrative Care
- Dr. Markus Roggen: Optimization and Modulating Composition of Cannabis Extracts for Medical Application
- Savino Sguera: Understanding Cannabis Data: Analysis to Analytics
- Dr. D Robert Sievers, Dr. Lia Rebits, and Xuno Gil De La Madrid: Delivery of Cannabinoids to the Bloodstream via Inhalation of Dry Powder Aerosols or Sublingual Absorption of Dry Powder Compressed Wafers
- Rosemary T. Smith: Blunting the Pain: The Impact of Three Months of Medical Marijuana Treatment on Pain, Quality of Life, and Cognition in Patients with Chronic Pain
- Marco Troiani: Terpenes and Terpenoids of Cannabis: A Medical Review
- Denise A. Valenti, OD: Acute Marijuana Use: Functional Findings of Retinal Ganglion Cell Impairment
- Daniel Wang: Beyond Schedule I or II: On the Development of Cannabinoid-Based Drugs Appropriate for Less Restrictive Scheduling under the Controlled Substance Act
CannMed 2017 conference registration is still available for individuals who would like to attend the event. For those who may not be able to attend in person, registration for live streaming is now available for $149.
FOR MEMBERS OF THE PRESS
Medicinal Genomics Corporation applies state-of-the-art life science technology to cannabis plant genetics, and was the first company to sequence the cannabis genome. Our products, based on Next Generation DNA Sequencing technology, help growers, dispensaries, and safety testing laboratories characterize and understand the quality of medicinal cannabis. Medicinal Genomics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc. For more information, please visit http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/
Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc. is a CAP/CLIA certified molecular information company focused on the diagnosis of a range of neurological, endocrine, and functional disorders associated with the central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous systems, including the endocannabinoid receptor system. Courtagen operates a sophisticated Next Generation DNA Sequencing, bioinformatics, and clinical interpretation business that helps physicians reveal the genotype to phenotype relationships of various diseases, which may be treated with a range of therapies, including pharmaceuticals and medical cannabis. For more information, please visit http://www.courtagen.com/
email@example.com | 877-395-7608