BOSTON, MASS., AND WASHINGTON, D.C. | Â The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State, in partnership with New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA), calls for nominations of performing arts ensembles from Morocco, Pakistan, Tunisia, and Vietnam for the second round of “Center Stage US”.
By bringing international performing arts ensembles to tour the U.S., “Center Stage US” builds cultural awareness, develops long-lasting relationships between people, and enhances mutual understanding.
This call seeks nominations of performing arts ensembles in all disciplines (dance, music, theater) from Morocco, Pakistan, Tunisia, and Vietnam for month-long tours of the U.S. from June through December 2014.
The final 6-8 ensembles selected will represent three of these countries and will be chosen through a curatorial process.
Artist Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrate high artistic quality and accomplishment.
- Have an interest in engaging with U.S. communities, including youth, through public and in-school performances, workshops, discussions, artist-to-artist exchanges, and social events.
- Are comprised of two to nine ensemble members (artists and staff) living in one of the countries listed above.
- Have previous touring experience but have rarely been seen in the U.S.
- Have an ability to communicate electronically via email and/or Skype, and a working knowledge of English and/or access to translators.
- Nominations of ensembles working in contemporary forms are strongly encouraged
Deadline: November 15, 2022 (tours will take place in 2014).
More information: www.centerstageUS.org.
Click here to apply.
- USC Wind Ensemble- Free Concert (woodmontband.com)
- Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts Receives 2012 Virginia Green Travel Stars Award (prweb.com)
- Duo Scorpio, the first Tuxedo Revolt Artist Profile (tuxedorevoltblog.wordpress.com)
- Education News for Monday, Nov. 5 (timesdispatch.com)
- “A Celtic Christmas at the Kimmel” (gloucestercitynews.net)
- What it takes to be in Performing Arts - Guest Post by Lily (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts Appoints Sara Jaffe as Senior Director of Development (prweb.com)
- NEFA Receives $3.3 million Grant for National Dance Project; Program Assessment Affirms Impact (prweb.com)
- U.S. State Department Brings Haitian Cultural Dance Group on Tour (repeatingislands.com)
- NEFAâ€™s National Dance Project supports Production Residencies; The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Funds Pilot (prweb.com)